Tuesday, September 8, 2009

While the kids are away

So, Carson and McKenzie are spending the week with grandparents. We left them there last night, after we took them to Lagoon, and we'll be back to get them on Thursday night, when we come home to go to Mesquite for a family reunion. I took the baby with us, but the other two get to stay and play all week long with family. And I'm sure they are LOVING IT!!!

Here is a little poem I wrote about MY OWN thoughts, since I've been home...


So many things I can do today
Without the kids getting in my way
I can clean, I can shop, I can blog, I can play
So many things, when the kids are away


I'm onto the dishes, the laundry and more
While quietly Maddie plays on the floor
No voices to beg me to play "Dinosaurs"
Even the cleaning isn't such a big chore


It's nice to hear SILENCE, in my house today
No fighting or whining, while the kids TRY to play
I haven't heard crying, or wiped tears away
No "twinkle little star" in my head all day

I'm excited to see James, when he gets home
It's been quite awhile since we've been all "alone"
No more thoughts of kids "walking in" anymore
He is ALL MINE! There's no need to say more

So many things I can get done today
Without the kids getting in my way
I can workout, and nap. I can "Facebook" all day
So many things, when the kids are....(sniff*sniff)...away.


Okay, fine. I'm all talk. I miss them like CRAZY and it's only 9am!!!!


See ya in a couple of days guys! I love ya! Have fun at Grandma's house!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! You are a very talented girl!

Jill and Chris said...

Haha, I like the poem. Its always bittersweet when the kids aren't home. :)

Lindsay said...

So sweet! It was so fun seeing you guys and your cute kids! I got to play with Maddie while you were gone yesterday - she is such a sweetheart! I can't believe how fast she gets to her tummy already! Wow! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed Lagoon! See you soon!

julie said...

my kids were gone all weekend and it was SOOOOOOOOOO nice. I cleaned every inch of our house. I missed them more than when I was in nyc though. Probably because NY is much funner! But the good news is, they appreciate mom more too! Liam would not stop hugging me. So yay for that!

Kim and Chet said...

That is so cute and sweet. It is nice to be away from them for a little while but then you do start to miss them, huh. Enjoy the quiet and "alone" time with James.

It was so good to see you this weekend! :)

Jewels said...

Lovin the poem...too cute!