Monday, October 5, 2009

Little updates

I had fun editing pictures today on my computer. Can ya tell? They look a little strange, but I thought it was kind of fun.

Here's just a little update on the family.

Little Madison never stops smiling.This picture captures her little personality, and I love it. She is the sweetest little thing ever. However... when playing with our sweet little angel, you may not want to hold her above your head or you may get what I like to call "spit-up surprise" down your shirt, or even better, in your face. Hopefully, she'll outgrow that soon! Mckenzie has been such the little helper lately. Whether it's helping with her "sister", the dishes, cleaning, cooking, etc., she is always there to help me out. I've never met a little girl who can be so bi-polar though! She can be so sweet and fun and then in the blink of an eye, she turns into a little monster, and then back to my little princess again. I guess that's a girl and the terrible two's for ya. 5 more months. 5 more months. 5 more months.
Right now Kenzie is learning so much in "school" She knows the days of the week, her birthday, how to spell her name, and many of her letters. It's interesting because she learns so much differently than Carson, and I can tell they have completely different strengths in "schoool things", but she is still so fun to teach. I have to adapt to their different learning styles, but it's been good for me. She loves to do puzzles and make anything crafty and she'll spend hours just drawing pictures, or cutting paper into a zillion little pieces with the scissors.
Carson is getting so smart too. Everyday, after we have school with Kenzie, I put her down for a nap and mom and Carson work on Reading and Math. He does one page of math, and one reading lesson a day. Today he read me the sentance, "This is a ram. See the ram eat the seed." Not too bad huh? He loves to learn and I love to see him soak up all the knowledge he possibly can. With his math, we are currently working on adding. He can count to 100, (with minimal help) and he loves to practice this all day long! What a fun boy he is though. Along with learning he is incredibly obsessed with NINTENDO!!! We limit him to play twice a week, (with James). On Tuesdays,when I'm at Young Women's, and on Fridays when James comes home from school. If we didn't set a limit, he would want to do this ALL DAY LONG! The other day, he found a bird feather on the ground. I watched him pick it up and then tried to run with it and fly. No, he wasn't being a bird. He thought he was Luigi, and thought the feathers would make him fly. A little too much nintendo, I think.
As for me, I'm still keeping busy with kids, housework, young women's and singing lessons. During Conference the other day, One of the speakers said, "...calling all... (pause)...to come unto Christ." When he paused, I immediately said, "super-readers" (from the Cartoon Super Y) Then I immediately realized how pathetic I am, and how much I need some more adult entertainment and interaction around here! I guess that's the job of a mother though, eh?



James has been home more the last few weeks. It's been SO nice! I love that he LOVES to spend time with his family and especially the kids. It's not a burden to him. I can tell he really enjoys it. He always makes time to play games, and do things as a family, instead of other things that he could easily be doing like watching tv, or catching up on all his "sports". He is such a great father and husband, and I love him SO much! The other day, I actually caught myself "checking him out" through the kitchen window when he went out to get the mail. Am I allowed to still do that after 5 years of marriage and 3 kids? Oh well. I'm still going to. Because I still think he's as cute as the day we met!





I sure do love my family. Man, have I been blessed or what?!!! Life is good!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a good thing you get out of the house sometimes. I would be really worried about you if you just stayed indoors all the time.
I like what you have done with you pictures. It is fun to just play sometimes.
i too shout out little things from kids shows. At least my kids get it. I'm not so sure about other people though.

Evie B. said...

What a great update! I need to do more posting like that, if anything for 'journaling' sake. :)

Lindsey said...

I am so impressed that you have school with your kids! They are so smart!

Lindsay said...

Very cute update! Love the pictures! At what age did you start "school" with your kids? Just curious, I can't wait to do it with Weston.

Melissa E Photography said...

I love the updates. You are superwoman! Isn't it nice having a hubby who enjoys his kids? I can't imagine having it any other way.

Melissa E Photography said...

Oh, and Cam- Give me your price range and I will let you know which camera I would recommend.

Shellie Crowther said...

Loved the pictures, but I'd also like to see the originals.
Carson will be able to teach Madison to read when you get tired, the smart little bum.
He's going to be a genius because of his love of learning. Way to go, he learned that from his parents.

Anonymous said...

James is freakin' hot

Mary Clark said...

what a bunch of smart cookies! I wish I had your paitence with teaching our kids "school"stuff I guess thats why we have teachers!

Shareen said...

What a great post. That picture of you is absolutely gorgeous!!! How fun that your kids love to learn. I hope they don't ever get tired of that. Oh, and I have a 3rd grader that didn't know his birthday so that is amazing that Kenzie knows her's already. Great post!!!

Unknown said...

I agree with all of it but the stuff about James

Michelle said...

You are very blessed and your family is blessed to have you! That was a great post. What program did you use for your pics? Kind of fun. :) And WTG Kenzie and Carson for doing so well with the school work!!

Shauna said...

The super-readers thing is hilarious! We watch that cartoon too... Kenzie sounds like Halle, hopefully it is just a terrible 2 thing and it will be over soon!

Kim and Chet said...

What a cute post! I loved reading the updates...I am laughing at the "super-readers" thing b/c that is totally ME!!! I never watch anything anymore that is not kid related, I could sing along to every Backyardigan's tune and quote every Sponge Bob episode. Now THAT is pathetic! :)
And YES, my dear, you are STILL allowed to check your hubby out after 5years of marriage...I still do it after 15 1/2 and he still makes me have butterflies when I do!