Friday, April 2, 2010

A little bit of this and that

Birthday pictures....a little late.



So, James left for a meeting and I should be down making dinner but....I'm not. Blogging, while listening to happy, laughing kids is WAY better than cooking right now. So.....what to talk about? Hmmmmm....Well, here's the latest from the kids.

McKenzie turned three a few weeks ago and had an awesome birthday. She is such a sweet little girl, and we love having her in our family. I made her a princess cake (photo above) and she was thrilled!

Carson is constantly making up new words. "Boy-ly" is his latest. For example, "Mom....when it's my birthday, I want a cake with more "Boy-ly" colors on it. You know.... like blue and green and stuff." I guess this is the opposite of "girly"? Yesterday Carson and Kenzie pulled a few pranks on the family for April Fool's Day. We made cookies and added hot sauce to a few of them. We fed them to Grandpa Crowther, Uncle Kyle, Dad, and mom even gave one to Uncle Karl later that night. The kids loved every minute of it! Also, Carson dyed an egg green and tricked James into "peeling" it for him to eat. The egg wasn't hard-boiled so when the runny egg white and yolk oozed out onto the counter, Carson was in hysterics! However, the best was when I told the kids we were going to Disneyland.

"When?" Carson asks.

"On Saturday" I reply.

"WOOHOOO ( with a little more screaming, a jump off the kitchen chair and a big YES with a really cool move to go along with it).

"Oh....by the way," I say, "APRIL FOOL'S!!!!"

Carson: "Oh man!"

It was pretty mean, but they had been "april foolsing" me (as McKenzie would say) all day long, and I figured they needed to get in on the love!

Little Maddie is all over the place lately. For being my best baby, she is definately my most busy, curious, physically draining MOBILE child. She is honestly into EVERYTHING! I can absolutely not keep up with her. She's pulling things out of cupboards, and drawers. Crawling up the stairs whenever she gets the chance. She eats EVERYTHING in sight still, and since we've taken the binky, she hasn't quite slept as well as she use to. But.....all in all....she is SO MUCH FUN! She is really almost always happy. It's always easy to get a smile and laugh from her. She adores her siblings, and follows them all over. She discovered the microphone and it is HILLARIOUS to watch. She loves music and loves to dance to it even more. She keeps us moving, but then again, I didn't really expect much different from her. She's always been a little mover!

If you happen to see me and notice white flakey things in my hair....don't worry.... I don't have lice. I just rammed my head into some boards about a week ago (funny now....not so much then.) and I seriously thought I split my head wide open! Now, the bruising has faded, and it's once again safe to pat me on my head like a dog, but I am now peeling all over and it is SOOOOOOO gross!!!!

James started working on Monday and life is moving fast. But that's good, right? Well, Carson just "caught" me blogging, and said, " Mom.....you haven't even STARTED dinner????????" I guess that's my cue. See ya all later!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh Cam, I secretly wish I could have seen you hit those boards. No, I'm kidding! Slightly! Kenzie is so dang cute. I can't believe she is only 3. She seems so much older and more mature to me. You've got great kids!

Lisa said...

Cami, I love you! You're kids are growing up and I can't stand it! I miss being around them every week! So fun to read your posts!

Jessica Fronce said...

Hey Cami! How are you these days? Where are you living now that you are back in Utah? We should get together with Lindsay Neff and Lindsie Furse and go to dinner some time and catch up. Let me know if you are available. :)

Johnson's said...

Oh Cam! I miss you so much! It was fun to read your randomness! Kenzie girl is so grown up. We can't wait to see you this week. Brooklynn asks everyday when you are coming.