Sunday, May 23, 2010

Maddie turned one!

(First of all, sorry about the overload in posts this week. I guess I've had a lot to say!)

Happy Birthday little Maddie-cakes! We love you!

Madison with her new baby she got for her Birthday, and Grandpa Crowther. (She talks to "bompa" constantly on her pretend phone.)

Uncle Karl and Aunt Kendra reading the kids a book that Maddie got as another gift. She took the book right over to Uncle Karl, and crawled up on his lap so he would read it to her. Then, of course, the othe two had to join in on the fun!

More presents! This one is from Grandma and Grandpa Crowther, and she LOVES to dance along to the music!

I made her a little Lady Bug cake and she wasn't afraid to dig right in!


I missed the first shot with my camera of her sticking her face right into the whole cake, but you get the point....she sure liked it!






She didn't like being messy though! So we bathed her quickly in the kitchen sink!

Sometime during the festivities of the party.....my older brother Taylor disappeared with Carson and Carson came back like this.


This was my reaction to the bald head.


Uncle Taylor knew I told Carson "no" the last time he asked me to take ALL his hair off (since he wanted to look like "Calliou"), so the two of them decided it would be better to do it without my permission since I wouldn't have a choice afterwards. Since we were in the middle of the party, I couldn't very well attack my brother, so....I'll find a way to get back at him.....later. As for now, I guess we'll be using lots of sunscreen on Carson's head and hopefully it'll grow in quickly so people don't keep asking how much longer he has to live!


At least he likes it!




As for Madison.....(You can skip this part if you want...it's mainly for my own journaling purposes)
At one year, not only does she walk, but runs and jumps as well.
She sleeps great still! 8pm-6am everynight.
She eats great. She is now taking mostly regular milk, which took awhile getting her stomache use to it since she has always had to have soy formula, but she's finally adjusting.
Her favorite things are: Her babies and her blankets. Dancing to music. Singing songs, reading books, and playing with the other two kids.
Her words she says: Baby, Bye-bye, blanket, (these all sound a lot alike) and Mama, and Dada.
She knows where her eyes, hair, feet, and mouth are. She knows what the dog, duck, horse, and cow says. And she loves to give kisses and hugs!
That's are little Maddie in a nutshell. She's quite the little angel baby still, and we love her SO MUCH!!!!! Happy Birthday little girl!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a great day for and you all except for Carson's surprise haircut/buzz cut.
I too hope it grows back soon so you don't have to worry about a super burnt head. Hope you find some way to get back at your brother.
Happy birthday to Maddie!

Josh and Shalae said...

Oh my gosh!!! That made me laugh so hard. I'm still chuckling:) And happy birthday to little Maddie! It sounds like you guys had a great day:)

Jen @ Love, the Arthurs said...

Wow! I can't believe she's already one! I swear you just had her! She is so adorable. Just as beautiful as when she was born. And I sure hope you find a way to get back at your brother, I would have been so ticked! But it's good that Carson thinks it's so fun.

Johnson's said...

Why do they have to get big? It's a love hate situation. I love her birthday cake. You are the best. And Mr. Carson, well buy him a hat. It looks just fine. But, being a mom I understand.

Kim and Chet said...

Happy birthday to that sweet little girl! I can't believe how fast this year has gone! and OH MY GOSH!!!! I would KILL my brother if he did that...what a stinker! HAHA Wait until they have kids... :)

Dustin and Janeth said...

What a cutie! I love the pictures of her eating her cake. Happy Birthday to Maddie! We love her.

Erica Bazil said...

Oh, I can't believe she's that big already. How fun and what a cute cake and party! Maddy IS such a cute lady! As for Carson, that is so hilarious - how sneaky. What a classic story and so traditional of Uncles right. I'm sure his Uncle will be his favorite person forever for that.

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday little Maddie! She is such a sweetheart. Thanks again for having us over the other night - we need to do it more often! And I'm so glad to know that if I die, I won't be alone...why can't we breathe??? I am going crazy. And if you need any assistance getting Taylor back, I'd be happy to help! Haha!!!

The Nelsons said...

Fun Fun! Happy B-day to Maddie! Nothing better than dressing in cake!
And just remember "he's just a kid who's four, each day he grows some more". Haha-that cracks me up! He's way cuter bald than Calliou. At least it wasn't McKenzie!

Tori Price said...

Hahahaha! I can't believe they shaved it! He is a little skinny to have a bald head... I'm still laughing though. Happy Birthday to Maddie!

Shanna said...

Happy Birthday maddie! so cute!
his harir is awesome! NOT I'd kill Taylor!

Lindsay said...

Hey you! Classic was a blast...call us next time you're bored and we would love to go with you! Weston did great with the skates...they were the ones you put on over their shoes, and he did great! Way fun.

Michelle said...

I can't believe she's 1! Didn't you just tell me you were pregnant with her?? She has grown up so much I can't believe it. What a precious little girl you have! Happy belated birthday sweet Madison!