Monday, July 5, 2010

Clean Freak?


So, I've talked to some different people, and tried to analyze if I clean as much or more than normal people. I've googled it, and got some interesting answers, and I've talked to close friends and family and obviously everyone's answers vary but, I'm very curious how often other people clean? So....if you'd like to be so kind and tell me what YOUR family does, I think it would be interesting to find out.


How often do you.....


1- make your beds?


2-mop the floors?


3- clean the toilets/showers/ bathrooms in general?


4-wash mirrors?


5- vacuum?


6- clean out the fridge?


7- change linens/sheets? (I once knew a girl who changed her sheets every morning when she woke up! That would make me go insane!!!!!)


8- wash down counters/do dishes?

9- Dust?


This article I found quite helpful, about keeping your home clean, and you may like to read it too. Here's the link....




I think I do a pretty good job of keeping my house clean, and I feel like if I do it twice a week (normally Tuesdays and Fridays are my cleaning days) then I can keep it under control and never feel like it's out of hand. I probably could do better about those awful "junk" drawers, or storage closets, but I feel like the majority of my house is pretty clean. Anyway, this was probably a lame post, but I'm curious to see if I'm somewhat normal.

7 comments:

Englebright said...

Are you somewhat normal? Do you really want me to answer that question? haha.

No, but really. You keep an immaculate house. I remember you told me you were embarrassed because you hadn't wiped down your walls for a couple of months at Snow. I remember thinking "who wipes down their walls, for crying out loud!?

I keep things tidy. And then do a massive crazy lady clean once a week. Every once in a while I feel like I need to go to 2 times a week. Once we get to 3 kids, I'm sure we'll get there!

I change my sheets once a week. But that's because of my bed wetting problem.

(KIDDING!!!!!)

Erica Bazil said...

Cami, you're so funny! And yes you're probably a clean freak (you're place was certainly always immaculate) but I am definitely one to believe that OKAY! To tell you the truth, I've often wondered the same thing (am I too uptight about keeping a clean house or am I too lax?) so I'll have to check back on your comments to see if I'm "normal" too. :)
FYI: I typically clean my whole house once a week. This includes most everything you can think of as well as one larger project (like cleaning windows and window seals or wiping all the baseboards, etc.) I have the whole house picked up and tidy before kids go down for naps and before they go to sleep at night (so they can help me tackle the project and I don't know, I don't like the idea of sleeping with an unpicked up house - I mean what if you tripped on something while getting a drink of water in the night-stubbed toes are the worst:) So I try to keep things pretty tidy as well and I usually have to do some mopping and vacuuming in between too simply because I have two kids!!
1- make your beds? EVERY DAY
2-mop the floors? HANDS & KNEES - ONCE A WEEK; SWEEPING MOP - EVERYOTHER DAY
3- clean the toilets/showers/ bathrooms in general? ONCE A WEEK
4-wash mirrors? ONCE A WEEK
5- vacuum? ONCE A WEEK AND WHENEVER NEEDED
6- clean out the fridge? THAT'S ONE OF MY LARGER PROJECTS I ADD IN SOMEWHERE BUT ABOUT EVERY THREE WEEKS MAYBE
7- change linens/sheets? I AGREE, THAT WOULD BE INSANE TO CHANGE THEM EVERY MORNING. I DO THIS EVERY OTHER WEEK.
8- wash down counters/do dishes? AFTER EVERY MEAL
9- Dust? ONCE A WEEK AND USUALLY ONE OTHER TIME IN THE WEEK. WE HAVE SOME DARK FURNITURE THAT IS THE WORST ON TATTLING ON ME IF DUST IS VERY PRESENT.

Cami Jo said...

Thanks for the comments girls! I think I'm normal with some, and a little anal with others....Here's my answers...

1 (Beds) every day within 5 minutes of waking up!

2-(Mop) 2-3 times a week

3 (bathrooms) at least twice a week

4 (mirrors) twice a week

5 (Vacuum) twice a week

6(fridge) once a week, before grocery shopping

7 (linens/sheets) not as much as I should. Probably 1-2 times a month. I'm gross. I know.

8 (counters/dishes) every meal

9 (Dust) twice a week

I'm like you Erica, I always clean up before naps, and before bed at night. I usually always make sure everything looks good first thing in the morning too, or I can't accomplish much.

Lindsey said...

Very interesting post. I don't know about you, but my house is messy almost always, but its usually CLEAN. I have a hard time keeping up with my kids! I just made myself a chore chart to see that everything gets done at least once a week!
1- make your beds? EVERY DAY
2-mop the floors? ONCE A WEEK;I sweep about 3 times a day though!
3- clean the toilets/showers/ bathrooms in general? ONCE A WEEK. but my toilets need it about once a day!
4-wash mirrors? bathroom mirrors once a week, kids bedroom...when I get around to it!
5- vacuum? ONCE A WEEK AND WHENEVER NEEDED
6- clean out the fridge? every couple of weeks.
7- change linens/sheets? My bed once a week, kids maybe once a week, sometimes every other.
8- wash down counters/do dishes? AFTER EVERY MEAL
9- Dust? once a week. I should do it more often! Our back yard is dirt, and i think it makes our house get dusty quick!

Lindsey said...

I should have read your answers first...now i feel dirty! I would say yes, you are a clean freak!

Lindsay said...

YIKES! I am terrible. I am not a good domestic person. So my comment should make you feel REALLY good about yourself! I vaccuum weekly, bathrooms usually weekly, kitchen bi-weekly (but Adam's usually the one who does that...nice boy), I do like to tidy-up...usually everything is organized and look nice but the deep cleaning is rare. And I never make my bed, it's the most pointless chore in the world to me. I love laundry though, so I do that one frequently. After reading that article I think I need to go and wipe down all my appliances! Thanks for the inspiration...my house is due for a deep clean!

julie said...

1- mine-daily, kids-never


2-mop the floors-2-3 times a month..or when it's sticky. Yeah, I should do this more.


3- clean the toilets/showers/ bathrooms in general? I do a toilet, sink or floor once a week...never everything all at once. I do the sinks every couple of days. Showers--hardly ever.


4-wash mirrors-once a week or less


5- vacuum-every couple of days.


6- clean out the fridge-my fridge is generally empty, so not very often. I clean a shelf or drawer here and there. Wow..I never do an entire job ever!


7- change linens/sheets? I used to once a week religiously..now I stall to save on doing laundry all the time. Way too much of it.


8- wash down counters/do dishes? Daily. I hate it when I skip this and wake up to dishes. Worst mornings ever.

9- Dust? haha, when students are about to show up. I need tips on dusting. I feel like it lasts like 5 minutes before the dust settles again.

I've always wondered about this too. I feel like my house isn't gross..at least some part of the day..but then it seems like everyone else cleans a TON. So maybe it is gross....I'll go read that article now.