So, I'm not a very spontaneous girl. In fact, I don't really do much without thinking it through, planning it all out to the very detail, and giving myself a few days to make sure it's really what I want to do. Well...yesterday, James and I were VERY spontaneous! Really- neither of us are like this, so it was kind of exciting. Okay, let me go back. We had a super busy weekend planned already....
Friday we knew we had to go down to Salt Lake for a Family reunion. We found out Friday morning that "This is the Place" park was having family day. Pony rides, petting zoo's, bouncy toys, free food, train rides etc. All free. Well, we decided since we were going anyway, just to leave in the morning, spend the day at the park, then head to the reunion. It was a blast. James' mom and sister even met us there for the afternoon. So...then off to the reunion. We played games, ate food, slept out, and played in the water ALL morning on Saturday! It was so much fun. Everything is a little harder with Maddie, (chasing her around, getting her to sleep, etc) but all in all it was really fun. So, Saturday we take off home around noon. James has the weekend off, and I ask him on the way home what the plan was for the rest of the day. Not much he says. We decide to take the "Scenic" route home, through Ogden or something...(not really sure where we were!) and it took us an extra 30-40 minutes or so, but it was a nice drive. We knew the kids would be exhausted and they slept most of the way home. As we're getting to our home, the kids were sleeping, so SPONTANEOUSLY we decide maybe we should just keep driving to VERNAL, UTAH and visit Dinosaurland! Really? I haven't showered, McKenzie is still in a swimming suit....oh well. This could be fun right? It's only an extra 2-2 1/2 hours! So, there we go....past our little house... onto Vernal! We figure we'll go for 3-4 hours and head home when the kids are ready for another nap, and we should all be good. When we get to Vernal, we realize we locked our house keys in the house. (At the time we only had 1 set...and they were on MY key chain which was at home in my purse). Well, after not sleeping well the night before, and being in the sun all day we were both pretty exhausted. Again..... (the second time in one day) we decide to be Spontaneous.....(maybe just lazy) and get a hotel room in Vernal and worry about it in the morning! Yep. We went to Dinosaurland, swam at the hotel again (swimming 2 times in one day made me world's best mom in my kids' book), and headed off to bed. We THEN realize we left the play pen at the reunion, and now have to figure a way to get Madison to sleep! It ended up working out fine, and we headed back home early this morning for church. We called my uncle (who owns the house we're renting) and found out they have a spare key somewhere up here. Um...yeah..couldn't find it. So...we did the next best thing. Pulled out a screen, opened a window and shoved Carson through it to unlock the house. At least we made it in! Very spontaneous weekend. And the sad thing is...when you are spontaneous, you don't always have a camera with you. I was SO bummed I missed so many good pictures! Maybe we'll have to try it again though!
6 comments:
Yea for spontaneity! Vernal, even? I'm from there! Did you know?? Next time you go, make sure to stop at a little Sno-Cone Shack thing called "Shivers and Jitters" and have a smoothie for me. Seriously, miss those!
Sounds like a lot of fun. I, too, need to learn to let go and be more spontaneous. I plan out every detail, which makes for pleasant trips, if not exciting. Did you go all the way to Colorado to the quarry or just to the museum?
At any rate, congrats on finding your inner "impulsive" self!
Horray for spontaneity! You guys are just awesome! I'm sure your kids LOVED every second. Weston was SO excited to wake up next to Carson and Kenz on Saturday morning - what a treat!
I Love it!!!
I'm glad you finally got in! Thanks for the CD and soap too! It was so good to see you. I finally got caught up on your blog...now it's time to get caught up on mine...UGH!!!
I loved your cleaning post. I clean but I don't know what I am doing wrong...I can't get anybody else to help me KEEP it clean, including my husband. I just want to GIVE UP so many times!
That sounds like soooo much FUN! BUt really, Russ would have a heart attack over such spontaneity! (and don't have a heart attack over my bad spelling!) He is such a plan-aheader! haha!
We are so planning a trip to Dinasaur Land next year....and "Shivers and Jitters" sounds awesome too! You and many others are opening up a whole new world of vacationing for us!
Good for you! I'm far from spontaneous as well and could use a good dose of it right now!
I think we're far too much a like Cami. In regard to your comment on my last post: I'm also in the process of typing, organizing (plain redoing) all my recipes. Ty thinks I have too much time on my hands because I'm always talking about home decor ideas and thinking up projects for myself to accomplish :) We're just busy-bodies. I know I inherited it from my mom :). Anyway, give me your e-mail and I'll send you a couple of my favorite recipes (including the rhubarb pie - yum!). If you have any you want to send me - feel free. I'd LOVE it! My e-mail is bazity@q.com. Thanks!
Post a Comment