Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Potty and nap-time

Cute little Madison has been doing SO good with potty training! She is 20 months old now, and is really getting the hang of it. She loves her little potty... but actually uses the big one more often. It's so cute to see her little body on that toilet! She holds herself up there like a real trooper and doesn't even fall in!
The only problem we are having, is going "stinky" in the toilet. She always goes during naptime, and I can't seem to catch her before she goes in her diaper during her nap. I guess we'll keep working on it. She's been in underwear all week, and I'm planning on really working hard on it this week. I'm going to stay home as much as possible, (which is SOOOOOOOOO hard for me!) so she can continue to get the hang of it.
And...speaking of naptime....here's a few pictures I've snapped the past few weeks during "naptime".
I peak in on Madison quite often, because I usually find her A) playing, B) making a mess with the baby wipes, or toys or anything else she can make a mess with, or C) swinging from the bars on the bunk-bed, bare-bummed. It's quite the task to get this little girl to nap. I have been trying to remove all the toys from the room, and even then she still finds something to play with.
"the guilty face"... Get back on that bed, Madison Joy!

Finally...she fell asleep....dress-up clothes and all.



but not before having quite a good time playing, I'm sure.



YIKES! We have since moved all pink toy bins into the closet during naps.

Now...McKenzie Jo on the other hand is quite funny. She naps on the couch, (So Madison will actually go to sleep), and she always falls asleep almost immediately. The funny thing is that she is just like her dad. She likes to sleep COMPLETELY inside her blanket. Looks a little claustrophobic to me, but she seems to think it's pretty comfy! Everyday I find her looking a little like this....



or this... (why even bother laying down?)







As for Carson, we have still been trying to "ween" him off of naps. He is usually okay, (meaning not too tired) when he doesn't nap, but he still gets leg aches every night that he doesn't take a nap. (It's always in the middle of the night....and only on his knee caps...wierd, I know.) I then have to wake up, give him medicine, heat up the heating pad, and rub his legs for a little while before he can go back to sleep. I worry because Kindergarten is all day in NM. All day, everyday. I dont' like it at all, but I have to get him use to staying awake so he can go to school in the Fall. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah naps, I love them. I really do. I get so cranky when I don't get one in. This Pregnancy is really trying me out. Maybe it has to do with age, or maybe four kids just do that to you.
I love naps!

Lindsay said...

So cute! Go Maddie!!! I wish she could give Weston some pointers. He refuses to do it. He knows how too, he is just stubborn. Very cute pictures also - of your trip home! Your kids are so darn cute!

Chuck and Becky said...

Cute pictures! That is awesome that Maddie is doing so well with potty training. I had bad leg aches when I was little and I actually have stretch marks on my knees. Wierd, I know.

Brooks said...

Wow, on all accounts!!

1) I can't believe that she's doing so well potty training! Not that She couldn't do it, but each of my boys took a year from the ages of two until three to get it! Go, Maddie!!

2) I am amazed that all your kids still take naps! Ethan gave them up while we still lived in Pocatello, and Sloan gave them up around 2 years. Mason has NEVER liked naps, and I can't wait until he doesn't "need" them any more so I can take them away and have him going to bed at 7:00 with his brothers. Of course, your kids probably take naps AND go to bed at 7:00.

3) Consider yourself lucky for full-day kindergarten. Ours was half day and it was from 9:10 until 11:45. I barely had enough time to get Ethan there, come home, make beds, and then it was time to go back to get him! It took SO much time out of my day!! As long as you get him done with naps and leg cramps... you'll love it!

And so it goes...