Saturday, February 5, 2011

One story per kid.....just to make you smile.

Madison cracks me up sometimes. Lately, when I am getting ready to take her potty, she always runs over to the garbage can, stands in front of it, thrusts her hips forward and says, potty? Ca-ca? (Interpretation: She wants to stand and go potty like Carson.) I think she picks the garbage because she can reach it. So funny, the things they pick up!

McKenzie totally made me laugh out loud the other night, too. We were getting ready for Family Night.....wait.....let me preface this story first. Most days, the kids, (mainly Madison) begs me to let her "dance", when I'm cleaning the kitchen, or cooking dinner. This usually means I turn on my karaoke music, and practice my singing, while they dance to it. (Killing two birds with one stone, you could say. Well....more like killing 3 birds with one stone if you count me making dinner while I do it as a bird.) ***See video below, now*** (example of what I mean...)
So, the other day when they were dancing, I was finished singing before they were finished dancing. I had a few things to do upstairs, so I told them just to listen to the music and dance to the music without anybody singing. (So, all they could hear were the back-up singers and the instrumental music on the cd. Yes, I could've found them a regular cd, but I was too lazy, and they didn't seem to care.)

Okay, back to Kenzie's story.... We are sitting around for Family Night and James picks McKenzie to choose the opening song. Usually, the kids always pick Sunbeams, I Am a Child of God, or Once There Was a Snowman,
(James is really good at that one. He can even do it well in his sleep.
Remember this ?? http://funfamilyoffour.blogspot.com/2009/11/jamesin-his-sleep.html.) Anyway, this Family Night, without even any hesitation, when James asked her to choose, she bursts into song, singing, "All the single ladies.....(echo)All the single ladies......All the single ladies.....(echo)All the single ladies.......etc. The best was Carson jumped right in, singing it too, and I could not stop laughing! I quickly realized that this was the only words they even knew to this song (thanks for the back-up ladies)! It was too funny though. But, in the end, we sang Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam. A little more appropriate, don't ya think?

Carson's turn: The other night at the Ward party, I was alone with the kids, since James was working. While we were there we all had to go potty, so I took them all into the girl's bathroom with me, which totally embarasses Carson lately! So, we get in there and there is a couple of stalls open, and one toilet in the middle stall had some ....um....urine....dripped onto the seat. I told Carson to use that one. He was like, "Why me?!" I said, "Because you are a boy and you get to stand. I don't wanna sit on it!" He took that as an acceptable answer and went in. As we were all in our seperate stalls, Carson asks in a very contemplative voice, "How in the heck did a girl get potty on the seat, anyway?!" I laughed and said, "Maybe it wasn't a little girl. Maybe another mom brought her little boy in with her, and HE went potty on the seat." Carson then replies, "Ah...yeah......probably like I just did." Gross!!! I started laughing and told him to wipe it up. I sure hope nobody was in there with us!!! Then....as we're ready to leave, Carson tells me he has a tummy ache and needs to go to the bathroom again. I let him use the Men's bathroom this time, as I wait outside in the hall with our coats on. 8 minutes go by and I start getting worried. I push the door open a crack to ask if he's okay, and I can hear him at the top of his lungs singing some made-up song as he sits on the pot! He tells me he's almost done, and on the way home we had a little discussion about singing in the bathrooms, ONLY when we're at our own house. What a funny kid!


Kids dancing while I practice some songs... I love that Kenzie never even gets off the ground!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My kids sing in the bathroom too. It is really annoying when they have to go in the middle of the night and they start to wake everybody up.
Love the stories!

mom C said...

So cute. I can just picture Carson sitting on the toilet at church, totally oblivious to anyone else, just enjoying singing and whatever else he needed to do.
Loved hearing you sing too, I miss it.

Emily said...

I LOVED hearing your voice Cami!! I miss you. I wish I sounded like that! You go girl!

Those were funny stories about your kids. I'm glad you are writing these things down so that you'll remember!

Kim and Chet said...

K...you know you spend too much time in Facebook when you're looking for a "like" button at the end of the post! haha

SO cute and so much fun to read! You're kids are too funny and that little Carson...what a dancer!!!

I loved hearing you sing too...I miss your beautiful voice! (and face)

Erica Bazil said...

Wow - you sound great Cami - as usual - you seem to be great at everything you do right!? While I enjoyed all the stories, my favorite story is Carson's (especially the "like I just did" part) - hilarious!

Lindsay said...

Haha! That's hilarious. You've got some great kids, that's for sure!