Monday, February 28, 2011

Ugh.

We've had a real crappy week. All three kids have been sick. First Madison, then Carson, and then Kenzie got it. We've had everything you can think of. Ear infections, throwing-up, high fevers, body aches, runny noses, horrible coughing, watery eyes, chills, etc. It's been a nightmare over here. Everyone is pretty lethargic.


This is a picture of my kids on Day 3 of being sick:




Here is a picture of the kids on Day 6. Feeling a little better, but not much. They just can't seem to kick it!

At least we're getting them into clothes now, instead of PJ's all day, right? Not that it matters, since we're all just hanging out at home still, but it helps me feel semi-productive.


As for me...I'm starting to feel the body aches and have a little head cold, but I can handle that. What I can't do is get the stomach flu and watch 3 sick kids by myself. I've been praying that it steers clear of me!!! Wish me luck that I don't get it, and the kids get over it soon!

10 comments:

Jill and Chris said...

That is yucky! I am so sorry, nothing is worse than sick kids. Taycee has some molars coming in right now and just that is the pits. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you stay healthy!

Anonymous said...

I wish you the best of luck! I really don't wish being sick on anyone. It has been horrible to have four sick kids and me being sick. It is so CRAPPY! The kids are all better now but I'm still in the not so good zone, and I can't take anything!!

Hope it gets out of your house soon!

Jeff said...

It seems like when you move to a new place the first flu you get is NASTY. My first flu in Texas was awful. I think you just have to get used to the area's strain of the flu. Hopefully it gets better soon.

Johnson's said...

Ah!No fun. I hate when kiddos are sick. Especially if they are throwing up. Yuck! Get better soon!

The Nicholsons said...

I am sorry everyone is sick! That really is no fun. Mace has been sick too, but so far he is the only one. I hope you guys get feeling better soon!

Lindsay said...

Bummer! That's horrible! I'm so sorry. Hope you all feel better and stay healthy!

Jen @ Love, the Arthurs said...

Oh no! Sick kids are the worst! I sure hope you don't get it too - a cold is bad enough when you have kids to take care of!

Erica Bazil said...

Ugh, ugh, and more ugh! Poor kids - you can just see it in their sad faces that they don't feel well. Darn it. We've taken our turns in this house too. I did get the flu - that day neither I or the kids took showers, we stayed in our pjs and watched movies on the couch All DAY LONG - fortunately the kids were very good to me and they didn't get the throw ups like me and Ty that week. It seems this time of year has been terrible for most everyone - I think everyone I talk to is sick or has sick kids. What is going on!? And it's so hard with families because it seems like they just pass it around - gosh I hope you guys get over the bugs soon! How miserable! You'll all be so ready to get out of the house.

Dad said...

Don't suppose there is any chance that Maddie's little paint job had anything to do with it. They all play in her room. I know, I know I am just being paranoid. just wondering.

Lindsay said...

Hey you! So I just tried to text you and I forgot that you don't get texts...but HEY - We're having a GIRL!!! Yay!!! I'm so excited! So fun. And I can text my phone pictures to an email address the same way I text messages to a phone number, so that's how I do it. Fun!