Thanks for all the sweet comments on my last post! You are all such great examples to me, (even you "non-mormon ones"!). You help and teach me everyday! You guys are great!
(Now that I've given you a compliment... I'm allowed to be mean, right?) Here it goes....You are all fired! Don't pretend like you didn't notice a few posts back that Carson looked like a goon in his soccer gear! Remember the picture??? "Here's my darling little boy in his soccer get-up." Umm..yeah...his SHIN GUARDS were on the OUTSIDE of his socks!! And nobody said a word. hmm..hmm..hmm. Why didn't anybody tell me they are suppose to be on the inside of the socks??! Poor kid practiced the whole time without me noticing, and on Saturday he got to his game, rallied around the other players, and looked like a total baffoon! (James likened me to a mother who sends her new 7th grade boy to Gym class in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle underwear!) Good thing I noticed just in time to fix it before the game started. However, in my attempt to hurry and not draw too much attention to us, I guess I didn't tie his shoe as tight as I thought. First kick of the game......there goes Carson's cleat......across the whole field!
As for the rest of the game, he did great! He claims he is the fastest one on his team (He's really not, but he's always very optimistic and positive about his skills.) When talking to my brother the next day, he told him he scored probably 4 or maybe 5 goals. (In reality he didn't score at all.) Trying to convince him not to lie, he almost broke down in tears claiming he really did score 4 or 5 goals. "Do you know what a goal is, Carson?" "Of course!" Come to find out, he thought the "warm-ups" before the game started, all counted towards the goals in the game. So cute.
He wants as many people to come to his game as possible and cheer him on. He asked me if I was going to bring some signs (Each sign with a letter of his name on it) for James and I , and the girls to hold up for him! I think in his mind he was imagining a huge arena with thousands of people chanting his name as he runs onto the field! He's such an attention lover! Hmmm...wonder where he gets that from??? No comment.
James took him to the park a few times this week to practice and he's all pumped up for tomorrow's big game. I sure hope he can score one. He would probably be extatic for a week straight. Maybe I can try to catch him showing off his skills on camera for you? I'll give it a try.
9 comments:
Just so we are clear you can't fire me for something I have NEVER know before in my whole life. I will remember that from now on though just in case one of my kids decides to take up soccer.
did he a fun time? Did you enjoy watching him play?
Haha, I did notice but I didn't say anything I'm sorry. And for the record, if his socks are long enough they're supposed to go on first, then the shin gaurds, and then fold the socks back down over his shin gaurds... they'll be more comfortable that way! Tell him good luck at his next game, we'll cheer him on here!
I noticed, but only because I did the same thing myself on Ethan's first day of soccer. I was going to tell you how they go officially, but I see that Tori beat me to it. It's true, if you have gotten him real soccer socks, they are super-long and are meant to be put on the feet, (up to the thighs) then shin-gaurds are put on, then the fold the top down to their ankles.
I didn't know if Carson had soccer socks and didn't want to make you feel as silly as I did when I looked at all the other soccer kids! My poor kids, being born to a athletically challenged mother!
Ha ha ha! I claim complete ignorance on this one.
Oh my gosh Cami, I was dying reading this! SO FUNNY!!!!
I love that Carson wanted you to bring signs! And to be honest, I thought his shin guards looked normal. I wouldn't of known either.....
Sorry, not a soccer mom. Now if he had put his football pads on wrong, I would have been the first to catch it. haha. Cute post and cute little boy. Who cares how his pads are put on anyway. Make a sign this time will ya mom!!! haha
Haha! I would have never even known the difference! That's too funny. He looks cute either way!
lol I've never been fired! I guess there is always a first time. I thought they were out for the picture. Who would've thought! plus in or out he looks awesome!
Am I hired again? please, please...
Funny thing is - I thought that was normal. Pretty sure that's how Ryan wears his lol
Post a Comment