So, did you know I'm a " Mormon"? Probably. (Most of my friends reading this probably are too.) This is something I'm very proud of, and have never been ashamed to admit. However, I have recently met quite a few new friends that might not understand what that means. So....for many of you, you already know this, but ... I'm going to tell you all about what I believe as a "Mormon". This means that I'm LDS or in other words, I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
For more information or details about the Church, please visit the offical website at www.lds.org They have a "study by topic" section if anybody has any specific questions. This website is AWESOME!!!
First off? I'm a Christian. Yes, I believe in Jesus Christ. Nothing upsets me more than to be told that Mormon's aren't Christians. Our Church is completely patterned after Christ's church when he was on the earth. We believe and rejoice in his teachings and strive to follow his example. I know that Jesus Chris is my brother, Savior, and friend. He lived and died for me, so that one day I will live with him and my Father in Heaven again.
So, now let's go back to the beginnng. Have you ever heard of Joseph Smith? Let's first get it clear that we do NOT worship Joseph Smith. We worship God and Jesus Christ, and nobody else. However, Joseph Smith played a very important role in restoring the Gospel in the Latter Days.
When Joseph was 14 he was reading in the Bible (James 1:5) "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God" so he did. He was curious about which church was true. He was frustrated with how each church interpreted the Bible differently. He went into a grove of trees to pray, and this is where God, and his son Jesus Christ appeared to him. (This is known as the "first vision".) They told him none of the churches were true, because they were teaching incorrect doctorine. Through this experience and many more, The Lord chose Joseph Smith to be a Prophet and restore the Gospel in these Latter Days. I know this to be true. The Holy Ghost has born witness to me of this, on many occasions. If any of YOU lack wisdom or conviction of the truthfulness of what Joseph Smith did, I would tell you to follow James' advice to "ask God". If you do so with a sincere heart and real intent, you will receive an answer to your prayer.
So, that brings me to my next point. The Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon has not "replaced" the Bible. We actually believe and study it's teachings as well. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. It is a record of God's dealings with the people who lived in the Ancient America's. Joseph Smith translated these records, which were written upon gold plates, by the Power of God. I know that the Book of Mormon is real. The Spirit I feel when I study the Book of Mormon, as well as the Bible, is so strong. I know that these books bring so many to Christ, and for this I am thankful.
Like I said before, the Church is patterned after Christ's church when he walked upon the earth. We have a living Prophet (Thomas S. Monson..... below in the red tie) and apostles who serve as witnesses of Jesus Christ to all the world. I am so thankful for a living prophet to lead and guide us today. How wonderful it is to have Prophets! Don't they look so happy? (The guy on the left in the glasses is Elder Eyring, and people have told James they think he will look like him in 50 years!! See the resemblance?? Funny, huh?! Makes me laugh everytime.)

The following pamphlet is a guideline that the Youth in the church use to help remind them of our standards as Latter Day Saints.

*We don't watch Rated R movies, and stay away from any other entertainment (music, tv, dancing, movies,) that is crude, vile, or inappropriate.

*We strive to wear modest clothes! Our bodies are TEMPLES!!! We don't like to have multiple piercings all over our bodies, and we refrain from getting tatoos.
Now, for the modesty issue, I'm not saying we wear long pants and long sleeve shirts all the time, but look at this picture below...I don't even know these girls in this picture, (thank goodness for google images) but aren't they all SO BEAUTIFUL??? Even without showing the ample cleavage and thighs???! They are truly what I believe is BEAUTIFUL in God's eyes!!!

Besides what we "Don't" use, there are plenty of good things we do need! Grains, fruits, veggies, meat (sparingly), plenty of exercise, and the right amount of sleep!!!! All in all we try to be healthy...is there anything so wrong with that???!
*We love feeding people!

*We believe that being married in the Temple (or sealed in the temple later) allows us to be bound to our Families Forever!!! How awesome is that?! Can you imagine living this wonderful life with your family and children, without being promised to be together after you die? I can't. I'm so grateful for this knowledge everyday!!!! This life can be hard sometimes, but with the knowledge that I have, I know it's worth it.

I want you all to know that I have a testimony of the things I've written today. I KNOW without any doubt this church is true! I know my Savior is there for me when I need him. I know families can be together forever, and I know the Holy Ghost is real. I feel him guide, direct, teach, and comfort me on a daily basis. I love this Church, and I love my Savior! And I say these things in his name, Amen.




14 comments:
Love this post. I think I might have to steal it and post it on my blog too.
Loved your post Cami! I truly admire the testimony you have. You are amazing! :)
absolutely love this post. as a convert to the church, most people who i grew up with actually base what they "believe" mormons to be off of the fact that we worship joseph smith and not Jesus Christ. this answers alot of question for those who don't understand what we know. your testimony is amazing and i'm glad that you took the time to write it out for others to read.
Awesome post! I love you!!!
I'm so glad I came across your post today! It was just the lifting up that I needed, and it was beautifuly written. You are amazing!
Amen!
:)
This was wonderful! You are such a wonderful member of the church! You have such a strong testimony and all this is so true! I love you! Thanks for posting this!
What a great post! I'm glad you wrote this so that those things that are so often misunderstood about our faith can now be straightened out for those that have heard those things. You are so strong and I admire you for that! Thanks! I love you!
What a great testimony you have. I loved reading every word. Thanks for posting this, it may really answer some questions for those who don't completely understand. Love and miss you tons!!!
Inspiring!
What did I ever do to deserve you? That was the most elequent way I have ever read to clear up any misunderstandings so might have of us "Mormons".
Your testimony is beautiful and I'm sure you are touching many more lives just by living the way you do. Your example of Jesus Christ is evident in all that you do. You are amazing and I love you very much.
What an amazing idea! You are so sweet and I LOVE how strong your testimony is. I'm very grateful to be a Mormon and what we stand for!
Love you and miss you!
What a great post! As a non-Mormon Christian, I have to say that I had to chuckle about the Joseph Smith part because I've never known anyone who thought the Mormons worshipped him but I guess some people must think that. And...now I'm confused about the caffeine etc. thing because I've known several Mormons who told me that the "no eating or drinking this or that" had pretty much been thrown out the window.
Very educational post. I feel like I learned something! Though I don't believe all of the same things that you believe, I have a lot of respect for you. Your heart is beautiful and I think we can both agree that Jesus is "the way the truth and the life." Love Him and so thankful that He saved me.
You are so inspiring! Thanks for sharing all of this with the world! I should do a post like this on my blog too! :)
Post a Comment