Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Paddy's Day

Started off the morning with a "Lucky" bowl of Lucky Charms and GREEN milk.
The kids had been planning traps for a few days to catch the leprechauns, so first thing after breakfast, they made some miniature beds in hopes of catching one taking a little nap.

Instead, they checked and found some chocolate gold coins and a sign that said, "Nice try".
(Kenzie's bed....and her sign that said, "So close".)


Next, he turned the toilet water green, made the beds, picked out green clothes for the kids, left more treats, and picked out a morning movie for the kids to watch.
This was the next trap. Pretty good, I thought. Lot's of shiny things in that box to lure him in and then when he tries to get out, he'll push the red frame, knock the stick down, and the stick will fall and shut the door to the box, trapping him inside!

We left to the store but when we came home, the tricky little fella must have found a way out because we found more chocolate coins and a note that said, "Missed me, again!"
For lunch, our water and applesauce all turned green! Madison thought this was great. When the kids left the table to go get something, they came back to some special green treats that he left for them.
Before naps, I could hear Carson in the other room making deals with the Leprechaun. "I know I've been trying to catch you, but all I really want is to see you. I've never seen a real leprechaun before. If you just come take a nap with me, or play with the lincoln logs with me, I PROMISE I won't catch you. I don't even really want your gold. I just want to see you!"
When Carson woke up, their was a gold chocolate coin in his lincoln log bucket and a note that said, "I'm too busy to sleep and play, But I love to be chased, so catch me if you can!"
So....back to the traps again we went. Carson made this amazing trap by himself, along with a note that said, "Why R U So bese? Carson." (Why are you so busy?)
Again, the trap was SO close, but didn't catch him! We got more gold coins and a note that said, "I'm too busy trying not to get caught!"








Kenzie was so excited for all her chocolate gold coins. This picture was cracking me up. She had no idea there was chocolate all over her tooth! (Don't mind the post-nap hair.)





This is a picture of the kids killing time in Carson's room with play-dough to allow time for the trap downstairs to work.




So, I'm not sure what more that little leprechaun has planned for us today, but we've sure had fun so far. The two oldest are downstairs right now, hiding behind the couch with a green and white rope, (Tied in a slip-knot) waiting to catch him by the legs. Good luck kids!
Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone!!!!
We love any holiday to change up our regular routine!!!! Hope you guys enjoyed it as well!



7 comments:

karl said...

Funny

Sounds like you are having more fun than them.

Jessie said...

You guys are too cute!

I love that Carson was trying to make a deal with the leprechaun! Too funny!

Anonymous said...

I think you are having just as much or even more fun then the kids.
those sneaky little leprechaun's are very hard to catch. and to see.
Good luck with getting one today.

Tara said...

You are just the darn funnest Mom ever! Good Job! I'm going to try and remember some of those fun ideas for later. I felt good about making Green pancakes for breakfast and then all the boys, including my 10 year old asked if the leperchauns had been to the house. Told them we'd have to look after school and pulled a small treat off.

Amelia said...

LOL! You are the most fun mom every! What cool ideas. I totally forgot today was even St. Patrick's Day. And...I'm Irish to boot. Ha ha!

Lindsay said...

Looks like a blast! My mom used to do that for us too - I need to get on board with the St. Patrick's day traditions...it's Weston's birthday too, so I usually get too caught up in that! Ahhh! Your kids are just too cute!

Kim and Chet said...

What a mischievous little guy! I love the traps..we had a hard time catching ours too, but I think yours caused a little more trouble than ours did. He used to be REALLY naughty! My guess is he must be getting a bit old and tired! :)