Friday, May 27, 2011

No more trainig wheels

Carson has been INSISTING we take the training wheels off his bike for months now. (As soon as he knew his cousin Jaxon could do it, he realized HE was old enough to do it too.) So...after putting it off, and wanting to wait until it warmed up a bit, James finally got around to taking them off this morning. James ran upstairs to do a few things after he took them off, so I took him out first to see how he would do. I honestly held onto the back and gave him a push, and he had it down! I never even really had to run beside him or hold onto the back! I swear it seemed harder when I was a kid. I recall breaking my nose when my cousin, Adam, was teaching me! Anyway, James came out about 10 minutes later and Carson was riding around the parking lot (aka our front yard) and James said, "Um...I kind of thought I was going to have to teach him." Guess not. Kind of pays off to pracrastinate doing it, I guess!



It is a little tricky to ride at our house since the road/sidewalk is on a hill, but he has his helmet and knee pads to buffer any falls he might have! What a cutie, huh?











Here is a little video clip Carson insisted I take...

6 comments:

The Nicholsons said...

Go Carson! I remember learning was so hard too. Yay to him for getting it so quick!

Jessie said...

James cracks me up!..."Uh..I thought I was going to have to teach him...." So funny!

Go Carson!

Lisa said...

Way to go Carson!!
And P.S. Cami....I am a very, very bad blogger! You're little comments make me want to do it, really they do, and I have sooo much to tell you! My next goal of when to start is in two days when the kids are out of school. (don't hold me to it, though :)

Lisa said...

P.S.S. I can't believe Madison is 2! UGHHH! Time goes by WAY to fast!

brent. britney, and ryan. said...

now that carson can ride with no training wheels, we'll have to take the boys for a stroll!

Lindsay said...

Did Adam break your nose? Holy cow, I didn't know that. Well, in behalf of my husband, I'm really sorry about that! Hope Carson has a safer experience!