Saturday, August 27, 2011

My little Kindergartener

So, Carson has been in Kindergarten for two weeks now. And he ABSOLUTELY loves it!!! I, on the other hand, miss him terribly, but am happy for him. Kenzie told me the other day that "Everyday is like a girl party now, since the boys are always gone!" Whenever I'm at the store or rounding up the girls to go somewhere, I keep thinking I'm missing one. Yep. He's gone from 7:55 am until 2:45pm everyday. He is having a blast though. Yesterday he was the "Special Kid" in class and got to be spotlighted, and stand in the front of the line all day. He thought that was fabulous. When he gets home from school, I ask him what he did and I always get a recap of the girl's he chased at recess, and what he had for lunch. Ya know, the important stuff. His teacher is Miss Hunt, and she is great. (Everyone told us to get her since apparently she's the best.) Carson has picked up on a few new words and phrases from teachers/kids at school that he continually says. Things like, "dude" and "It's hotter than hot tamales". I'm so happy that he is loving it, and everyday it's getting easier for me too. It's been fun to have some girl time with the girls everyday, and when Kenzie starts school on Thursday, Maddie and I will have lots of one on one time that we haven't gotten much. It'll be a fun change.

So, here are a few pic's from the first day of school.

Here he is enjoying pancakes (his all-time favorite food) before his big day of school.

My handsome little buddy...



Sportin' the backpack...





Mr. Suave.... What a looker, huh?!






Laughing with Daddy... he was so excited, he could hardly stand it.






Carson and I...




He's a great brother, and the girls miss him SO MUCH when he's gone. They now fight over who gets to sit by him at dinner and who gets to hold his hand when we cross the road. It's been nice since we live so close to the school, that I get to hear him tell me stories every morning while we walk the 10 minutes to school, and all the way home too. He's full of stories, and I love every minute of it.


He was the only kid at school on the first day telling his mom to leave because he was "just fine." Since the first day, he's only been nervous about a few things (when to come in from recess, and how long he has to wait before going out to recess from lunch.) I'm not really surprised at how well he's adjusted, since he is a pretty laid back kid who makes friend's easily. We love him so much and I still can't believe how big he is getting!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

nothing like james, james cried all the way until highschool

Shellie said...

Wait until he goes on his misson. You think you miss him now.
What adorable pictures. I can't believe he's already in kindergarten.

Erica Bazil said...

Oh, I'm so glad he's enjoying it! Although I'm not too surprised about that either - he's such a cool little guy! Isn't it funny what they find most important and most unnerving? How cute!

Emily said...

I can't believe he went to school! I LOVE the pictures of your house too! Inside and out look amazing! Congratulations!

Kendra and Karl said...

Carson is such a stud. Those are such cute, or should I say handsome, pictures. I bet he is loving every minute. Miss you guys

Taylor said...

At least he's excited for school now, give him a few years he'll realize it's not all it's cracked up to be haha. Glad to hear he's loving it and doing so well though

Johnson's said...

Oh, it's just not right! I held him as a baby. We dressed him in girl clothes....where's our baby!!!??? I loved Kennzie's remark on a girl party. Luke keeps asking, "Can't you have me a brother?" As we've talked to him about MAYBE having another baby, and I asked, "what if it came out a girl?" He said, "we'd throw her away!" He also wants to name this brother Alvin. When I asked Brooklynn about having another baby she said, "You already have one!" Good point Brooklynn. We don't need another one. You look cute. You don't look huge! It's all in you mind. Love you guys!