The day before Christmas Eve, we let the girls open their present from Grandma and Grandpa Crowther, which was shipped to us early, so we didn't have to worry about bringing it home. The kitchen was a hit. I also loved the fact that it kept them entertained all day, while I packed for our trip and got things ready to go!
We drove home and the roads were great. We didn't get home until 12:00am or so, but the kids slept a little in the car which was nice. The next day was Christmas Eve, and we had lots to do to get ready for the big day! That evening, we went with the Jepson's to their party at the church, and ate soup and played games. It was great to see everyone.
On the way back to Grandma Crowther's, we stopped at Grandma Jepson's, and had a surprise visit by the Big Guy himself. It was great and the kids loved it. Santa even brough them each an early present....a new book.
Even Madison sat on his lap for awhile. (We told her he probably wouldn't give her a present unless she sat on his lap. That was motivation enough.)
We then headed home for the night and the kids opened their Christmas PJ's. I'm usually a fan of cute, matching, warm jammies, but decided this year to get them each what THEY probably wanted.
Since the girls fight over the same fairy/princess nightgown everynight, I decided it would be just easier to get them each their own. They loved them.
Have to have a picture with Uncle (Elder) Kyle!
1 comment:
So sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your pregnancy.
If it helps at all - I always try to remember my mom's famous words that "there is a time and a season for everything". I apply it to practically everything too. This is a time for you to take care of that growing baby and that's okay, even if the house isn't spotless because you have to take it easy or you don't get as much exercising in. I have to remember the exact same thing in regard to feeding my little Rosie. It seems like that's all I do some days - is feed her - but I have to remember that that's okay, that's what I'm supposed to be doing at this season in time - when else do you get to enjoy holding such a tiny precious newborn? I should try to cherish those moments and this season rather than worrying about how clean my house is (at least worry as little as I can right?:) Anyway, good luck with everything - not too much longer!!!
Post a Comment