be completely changed in a matter of a few short months, and none of it was expected!
Here is the picture of the house we are moving to.
I'll post more pictures of the inside, once we move and decorate!
James and I spoke in church today on ways our testimony's have grown since living in NM. I ended my talk with this poem I wrote.
BLESSED
I remember very clearly
When I was asked to move away
I had never heard of Farmington
But decided to obey
The whisperings of the Spirit
Were very strong and clear
Though I’d come from “greener pastures”
I knew the Lord had brought me here
I was use to mountains, trees and streams
Not desert rock and dirt
But I soon discovered beauty
That wasn’t obvious at first
The Shiprock in the setting sun
The view atop the bluffs
And the mountains really aren’t that far
In case that’s not enough
I’ve learned about new cultures
And it’s been so fun to see
How things that seemed so different
Have (now) become the “norm” to me
Selling fry bread at a yard sale
Flea market Saturdays
People’s hair that touch the ground
And street lights turned sideways
I’ve learned so much from each of you
And other friends I’ve met
Your friendship and examples
I never will forget
I’ve loved each of my callings
To leave them makes me sad
My testimony’s grown a lot
From the experiences I’ve had
But once again, just like before
I’m asked to move away
And I will go, because I know
I’m BLESSED when I obey


4 comments:
What a beautiful little home, well not that little. haha I am so excited for you guys. I know you are going where the Lord wants you to be. Can't wait to have you closer!!! Good luck with the move. I would help but we'll be in St. George that weekend. Can't wait to come up and see your new place. Love you guys!!
That was a beautiful poem! I am excited to have you closer! Maybe me and jake will come visit again! Haha love ya cam!
Remember that time you lived on top of me in a 2 bedroom with cinderblock walls? Progress is nice. :)
Wow - busy couple months eh? We'll have stop by to see you on one of our trips through Pocatello - that would be so fun! We're so happy for you - that things worked out so well, that you get to be closer to family (a bit envious of that :) such a nice work schedule - you truly have been blessed. But just like your poem said - we receive blessings for obedience and you guys are wonderful examples of being just that! We're just so excited for you! Good luck with your move - we'll be in touch!
Post a Comment